»

Friday, June 27, 2008

Great Dinner

The past couple of nights I have not been in the mood to cook and my food showed. Brad was complaining up a storm so I had to redeem myself. I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com by Rachael Ray and it is now one of my favorite meals and it will be a regular at the Garretts!
I left out a couple of things:
Sesame Seeds
Sesame Oil
Scallions
Chicken Thighs
I just used two chicken breasts cut them in big chunks. It worked great. I also didn't buy sesame seeds or sesame oil because this would be the only meal I would use them in. We are not big fans of onions or scallion so I left those out as well. The teriyaki sauce was MY FAVORITE! I love Teriyaki Stix and have been trying to find a recipe to mimic it and this wins! It doesn't taste the exact same but it is dang good and passes on my palate. Oh yeah... instead of buying fresh ginger I substituted it for 1 tsp of ground ginger. We love getting fresh pineapple as well. I put my slices on a frying pan and sizzled them for a bit and they were delicious!
Try it!

3 comments:

Danna said...

wow. that is quite the works. you look like quite the good little cook. I have been slacking lately too on the dinner thing. Ryan has been making it more than me! It is kind of hard because I work from 8 to 5 everyday and then I am too tired. I will have to try the recipe though it looks delicious. We should swap recipes I have some good ones you might like.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! That's sounds delicious. Cooper is a real meat-eater and it sounds like something he would like. I love recipes that my kids will eat.

Foster said...

Sounds yummy. I am always in the "I don't want to cook" mood. I definitely need something to pull me out of it. Maybe this will do the trick for me too.