»

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

When I heard the news of President Hinckley's passing I had a feeling of peace and happiness overcome me. I instantly, like many others, thought of how happy he must be right now with his wife and other loved ones that have passed on. If there was anything we could see here on earth I would love to be able to watch what President Hinckley is doing right now. I imagine all the Prophets and leaders of the church assembling together... talking about things way over our heads! I was googling quotes by President Hinckley and this quote really stuck out to me... The quote is from 1997 but was read at Sister Hinckley's funeral as well.


“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers”

Isn't that so true... When a President of the church passes on we know it will all work out and the church will continue on. That quote can apply to so many personal things as well.

I will miss President Hinckley as our current Prophet... he is the Prophet I grew up with and I will never forget going to the big conference center and every time seeing him with his cane up in the air! His words were always direct, simple, and to the point. They will be words I will hold on to forever!

0 comments: