»

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I love my FAMILY!


The week of my wedding was sooo hectic... just like everybody's. Here is a sum up of what we did in a week...
Saturday before the wedding we had an open house in St. George for Brad's friends and family. We drove home Sunday. Monday and Tuesday Brad and I had to get our marriage license and wrap up everything else that needed to be done before the big day! Wednesday my family and Brad's family went white water rafting down the Hoback, near Jackson. We had a blast! That next morning I went through the temple for myself which was awesome. Right after my endowments we went to Jaclyn's (my niece) birthday party! How cool is that that her birthday was on the day of my endowment, August 9th! My mom, Brad, and I had to leave early because we had to meet with the decorators to instruct them where to put everything in the yard. That evening my sisters threw me a bridal shower and right after the shower we went out and took these gorgeous family pictures! The pictures turned out awesome thanks to our awesome photographer.... (http://www.barronessphotography.com/) My mom has the photos blown up and displayed so beautifully at home. Well the big day was only one sleep away!!

The morning of the wedding I was supposed to be at the hairdresser’s by 7:30. I slept in until 7:15 because I finally fell asleep just a few hours earlier because of nerves and jitters! My appointment was in IF, 15 minutes away and I still had to gather up everything. I was sooo stressed and in panic mode. While I was speeding to the appointment I said a prayer that everything would work out…. What do you know, my prayer was answered, the hair dresser was late as well! After she finished my hair I met my sister, April, at my grandma’s house to do my make-up (she did an awesome job!). Brad and I were late for the photographer to take our pictures before the sealing because of my hair. We still pulled of some awesome pictures!
The day of our wedding, August 10th, is my Grandpa Thompson's birthday that just passed away last summer of 07'. It was a total coincidence that we set the date on my Grandpa’s birthday. During the day I truly felt his spirit and his love. I remember crying in the temple because I felt his spirit. I was sad to see him go just about a month before the wedding because I wanted him there but I know he “was there”. The temple ceremony was so special and I wish I had a video recorder in my head so I could replay it everyday! The rest of the day went awesome besides I was sick, tired, and had a million bobby pins in my hair. Haha. But really, that week was the best week ever. It opened up a new chapter in my life. I am so thankful to all the people that put so much time into making “our day” the best day ever!
Wow that was crazy... right after I finished writing that I relized that today is the 10th of January... It has been exactly five months! :) How time rolls on by!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blog spot. Sooooo cute. Can I have some of your creativity? If I flew you out, would you decorate my house? Ha!