»

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our HARLEYS... the RED ROSTERS!



Happy St. Patricks Day!!!! COOL CHICKS WEAR GREEN DAY!!!

(Thanks to Natalie's Cool Chicks Wear)

Last Saturday night we went with our friends to Wal Mart to check out some bikes. Brad and I have been dying to get bikes cause we love to ride. I picked out a nice mountain bike that I thought was great and Brad picked out his that you see in the pictures. When we got home (which was about 12:30 a.m.) we took them for a test run around the parking lot and I hated mine!!! I felt like I was on a little kids bike cause I am a tall chicka. I was having to bend over so far because I had to have my seat so high. Also, I felt like the handle bars were going to hit my knees everytime I petaled... I wasn't too happy with my purchasae! I was so mad at myself. So about 1:30 a.m. Brad said well lets go take it back... I want you to be happy with your bike and we aren't going to bed till you are happy. We drove back to Wal Mart about 2:00 and return the bike we just bought an hour ago! lol They thought we were crazy. I never thought I wouuld have gotten "the cruiser harley" type bike cause I always thought they were ugly but Brad talked me into it :) Here are the main reasons:
  • I am too fetching tall for Wal Mart bikes

  • I am used to my parent's really nice bikes that are fit for tall people

  • $$BUDGET$$

  • This "cruiser" bike is long and the handle bars are high so I can have my seat high

We got home at about 3:00 in the morning and I was finally satisfied with my new bike... what an adventure! We were going to wait till my birthday but with the way gas prices are we will pay off those bikes in gas money before then anyways! I forgot to mention the funniest part of all... Brad was dying to get a horn so last night we went back to Wal Mart with our friends and they bought bikes so Brad just had to get his silly horn... what am I going to do with that kid! Well, no more driving to work for me... I get to take the "red roster"!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so jealous. Last year Daniel and I bought Huffy's so that Jaxton would start riding his bike but I'm digging the Red Roosters. Good thinking and I love that you returned the first one, got to love WalMart for that!!! Oh and cute shirt!!

Danna said...

Ha Ha Ha!! I was laughing before I even read the story and now I am laughing even harder! Those are some pretty sweet bikes I must say. You two are so cute together and you look gorgeous you skinny little thing!

Melissa said...

Awesome bikes! Those look so cool! I love that you did get matchy-matchy ones. That is so fun. Sorry about Josh talking your ear off about Tulsa- he was pretty excited about it.

Anonymous said...

How cute are you?!! You look so cute on your bike! I love that Brad wanted a horn...too funny. :)

I've been outta town for Spring Break and just recently got back. I got your message and I'll have to give you a call. I get my hair cut at a little place call Platinum Salon. It is across the street from Old Navy. Laci is the girl that cuts my hair and she also owns the salon.